Business Intelligence Developer
CIRA has an immediate opportunity for a dynamic individual possessing progressive experience in Business Intelligence to grow with the organization and support the internal data assets and business intelligence processes of CIRA.
The Business Intelligence Developer works in a fast-paced environment as a member of the Information Management Team supporting CIRA databases and reporting systems from a data integrity/quality perspective. The incumbent will be involved in designing and developing decision support solutions to provide business units with required information in an accurate and timely manner. The successful candidate will also assist with data troubleshooting activities and production data updates as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, develop, document and support data warehouse schemas and ETL processes.
- Design and develop data models as per business specifications.
- Design and develop business intelligence solutions for internal departments.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from departments within the organization.
- Gather specifications for reporting needs from internal partners.
- Develop processes for updating production system data as required.
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience in database design and development with Oracle 10g, 11 (PL/SQL, SQLLoader).
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in data warehouse modeling and development.
- 3-5 years’ experience with Oracle Warehouse Builder (or similar ETL tool).
- 3-5 years’ experience with Cognos BI Tools (version 8 or 10), including Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager, and Metric Studio.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Experience with other databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience following a well-defined software life cycle process: design and document, release management using source repository and development testing.
- Practical experience in data management processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in reporting/decision support system architecture.
- Practical experience in dimensional modeling.
- Experience with financial reporting and controls is highly desirable.
- ITIL Certification.
- Predictive Analytics experience.
- Experience with Balanced Scorecard techniques and software.
- Excellent systems and data analysis skills.
- Proven troubleshooting and analytical experience.
- Strong problem resolution skills and good judgment on how to proceed with issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated technical writing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others.
- Proficiency in English is essential; French language skills will be considered an asset.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.