Senior Network Administrator
CIRA has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned, dynamic individual possessing progressive experience in Network Administration to play a key role in the on-going development of Canada’s .CA Internet domain name registration system.
The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for the support, administration and maintenance of CIRA’s Internet domain name registration system (DNS) and CIRA's high-availability multi-site network infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide standard IT operations functions for infrastructure and security including upgrades, performance analysis, configuration management, change management, incident management and problem management.
- Provide support, administration, maintenance and management of the network infrastructure behind mission critical registry, DNS and corporate systems.
- Responsible for WAN, LAN, Wireless LAN, Internet, and intranet network maintenance, including routers, switches.
- Assist in network infrastructure architecture, design and deployment, from vision to reality.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback by identifying network optimization opportunities.
- Create and report on network health and utilization metrics and dashboards.
- Responsible for owning and maintaining all infrastructure documentation and diagrams.
- Contribute to research and development of technical solutions.
- Contribute expertise to the Internet community and applicable development initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the ICT Security, Team Lead and Manager, Operations.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience administering Cisco switches routers and firewalls.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience administering cisco routers with BGP (iBGP, eBGP), OSPF and other dynamic routing protocols.
- Demonstrated experience with deploying Anycast based services.
- Proficient with Red Hat Linux operating systems, with a minimum of five years of experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience with administering IPv6 networks.
- Demonstrated three years of experience with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) and Global Traffic Manager (GTM).
- Experience with Internet applications (web servers, mail servers, DNS, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Splunk.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in computer science, computer systems or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task within a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and strong problem solving abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Internet Service Providers or Internet Application Providers.
- LAN and WAN administration certification (i.e. CCNA, CCDA).
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification and/or CISSP certification.
- Security clearance.
Proficiency in English is essential, French language skills are an asset.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is the organization that manages Canada's .CA domain name registry and Domain Name Servers, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and represents the .CA registry internationally. With over two million .CA domain names registered, our stakeholders include over 700,000 domain name holders, 15,000 Members and more than 140 certified .CA domain name Registrars.
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.