Product Support Representative
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is the organization that manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and represents the .CA registry internationally.
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.
As a member of CIRA’s Product Support team, the Product Support representative is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and acts as the first point of contact for CIRA Registrants, CIRA Registrars, and the general public during the afternoon/evening shift between the hours of 12:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. The Product Support representative is responsible for ensuring that all email and telephone enquiries are properly acted upon in accordance with CIRA’s policies, rules, procedures, and agreements.
Shift times are subject to change (with reasonable notice to the employee) and rotational shift work may be required during regular support hours, which are presently between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer in-bound telephone calls, email messages, live chat and tickets in a professional, customer oriented manner. Understand the problem or issue, escalate as required and log the enquiry in CIRA’s tracking system.
- Provide a clear and concise response to all enquiries, refer enquirer to relevant information on CIRA’s website and direct the query to the relevant Registrar or CIRA personnel. Follow up with the originator of the enquiry as appropriate and ensure the problem/issue reference number is properly closed.
- Contribute to the development of customer contact reports documenting call centre activity, wait queue statistics and trend analysis. Prepare reports and identify major deviations in activity trends or unresolved issues to management.
- Review domain registration transactions and advise Registrars of deficiencies. Notify Channel Manager of unresolved issues or changes in trends for the daily registration of domain names.
- Ensure CIRA website content reflects information needs expressed by Registrants and the general public.
- Answer telephone and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Provide back up reception services such as responding to inquiries, greeting, and directing visitors; facilitate the efficient flow of incoming and outgoing mail correspondence though the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Channel Manager and Supervisor, Customer Service.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Completion of a post-secondary school diploma/degree or equivalent experience. Preference given to business or technical-related program.
- Completion of a customer service certificate and/or business writing certificate will be given preference.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer support position.
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English (written and oral).
- Experience with various Internet browser software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to be proactive.
- Sound and mature judgment and behaviour.
- Diplomacy, tact, and dependability.
- Strong business and technical acumen as well as a desire to learn.
- The ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate 8am – 8pm customer service hours.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.