|Current stage:||Joining the board through the nomination committee slate|
|Stage open:||May 25-June 8, 2022|
- Your role as a nomination committee member
- Desired skills and experience
- How to join the nomination committee
- Your contribution to Canada’s internet
- Important dates and deadlines
Your role as a Nomination Committee member
The role of the nomination committee is to seek and select qualified candidates for the nomination committee slate of CIRA's board of directors election. Its focus is to select professional candidates that represent a wide range of views and interests, ultimately contributing to the strategic direction of the organization.
As a member of the nomination committee it is your responsibility to:
- Nominate experienced Canadians who can help guide CIRA in its goal of enabling a trusted internet for Canadians
- Develop a list of skills, experience and demographic criteria for board directors
- Provide CIRA's board of directors and members a slate of candidates from which the members will elect board directors
- Identify, interview and check references of prospective candidates
- Commit up to five days for candidate review and selection (dependent on the number of applications received)
Candidates applying to become a member of the Nomination Committee must be available to meet virtually on the following dates: May 6, 2022 and June 30, 2022.
Desired skills and experience
We are seeking Canadians who:
- Understand the experiences of a diverse range of industry sectors
- Have governance experience (mandatory)
- Have experience identifying and selecting superior candidates
- Have an interest in supporting the development of the internet in Canada
How to join the nomination committee
Joining the nomination committee involves two simple steps:
- Verify that you are qualified: we are looking for individuals with specific skills and experience. Ensure you qualify before submitting your application.
- Complete the online application form and upload your resume: applications and resumes will be accepted through our online application system from March 3 to March 17, 2022, at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
Your contribution to Canada’s internet
Members of the nomination committee:
- Serve a two-year term with the objective of building a member-elected board of directors that represents Canada’s wide range of views and interests
- Play a key role in the process of evaluating and selecting candidates for a high-performance board at a national level
- Apply their skills and experiences to ensure balanced representation and effective governance that will help CIRA achieve its goals
- Gain valuable insight and experience around technical innovation, internet policy and organizational governance
- Make a valuable contribution to the strategic direction of CIRA and the internet in Canada
Important dates and deadlines for this stage:
|March 3, 2022 at 2 p.m. ET||Application period begins|
|March 17, 2022 at 2 p.m. ET||Application period ends|
|April 2022||Nomination committee announced|
|May 6 and June 30, 2022||Nomination committee meetings*|
*Note: If you are selected to join the committee, attendance at this meeting is mandatory.
Learn more about CIRA's board of directors election.