The role of the nomination committee is to ensure balanced representation on the election ballot that aligns with the background, skills and attributes needed for an effective functioning board. They are tasked with seeking and selecting qualified and professional candidates to appear on the nomination committee slate of the final election ballot to be voted on by CIRA members.
When to apply
March 2, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period begins
March 16, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period ends
How to apply
Joining the nomination committee only requires a couple of simple steps.
1. Verify that you are qualified and can meet the time commitments. On the nomination committee, we’re looking for individuals with the following skills, experience and availability:
- Experience identifying and selecting superior candidates
- Understand the experiences of a diverse range of industry sectors
- Knowledge of corporate governance (mandatory)
- Interest in supporting the development of the internet in Canada
- Availability to serve two years and commit up to five days for candidate review and selection (depending on the number of applications received)
- Meet with the committee in-person in Ottawa on July 5, 2023. Expenses for travel will be reimbursed. Note: attendance at this meeting is mandatory.
2. Complete the online application form and upload your resume. Applications and resumes will be accepted through our online application system from March 2 to March 16, 2023, at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
Why you should apply
There are many benefits to applying, all resulting in your contribution to the betterment of CIRA’s strategic direction and Canada’s internet as a whole.
- Represent Canada’s wide range of views and interests by helping build a member-elected board of directors.
- Enable CIRA to achieve its goals through balanced board representation and effective governance to help CIRA achieve its goals.
- Facilitate future committee process improvements by providing feedback to CIRA’s Governance committeeServe a two-year term with the objective of building a member-elected board of directors that represents Canada’s wide range of views and interests.
Important to know
Election Returning Officer
Nomination Committee members
Policies related to the election process