How to join through the members slate
When joining through the members’ slate you are applying as a CIRA member who is nominating themself for other members to then endorse to appear on the election ballot.
When to apply
August 2, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period begins
August 16, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period ends
See the full election schedule.
How to apply
Joining the board through the members slate involves a few steps.
1. Verify that you are qualified and can meet time commitments: every year we look for individuals with the specific skills and experience, which is outlined in a letter to the nomination committee provided by the governance committee of the board. This year, we’re looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the domain name industry in which CIRA operates, including an understanding of the DNS, Registry systems, and related internet governance or IP addressing.
- Deep financial acumen as a certified practitioner with advanced literacy in finance, audit, investment, and risk oversight.
- Knowledge of key components of cybersecurity related to risk and threat management.
- Ability to articulate views with evidence-based reasoning and bring a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Understand environmental and internal risks, opportunities and implications that may impact CIRA.
- Leadership skills with the ability to be open to others’ perspectives and build consensus.
2. Complete the online application and upload your resume: applications and resumes will be accepted through our online application system from August 2 to August 16, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. Complete a conflict declaration form: once all nominees have submitted their applications, they will be asked to complete a declaration form that states any conflicts they may have with current board members or other candidates.
4. Receive endorsements from other members: to appear on the final Member slate a member nominee must receive at least 20 shows of support from CIRA members. The show of support period runs from August 30 to September 13, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET.
Why you should apply:
You’ll contribute to the development of Canada’s internet by:
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for the .CA registry, CIRA products and services and community investment and policy initiatives.
- Representing the .CA registry in Canada and internationally.
- Helping enable a trusted internet for all.
Learn more about CIRA’s board election.