The application period to join the nomination committee is now closed. New committee members will be announced in April.
How to join through the members slate
When joining through the members’ slate you are applying as a CIRA member who is nominating themself for other members to then endorse to appear on the election ballot.
When to apply
August 2, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period begins
August 16, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET - Application period ends
See the full election schedule.
How to apply
Joining the board through the members slate involves a few steps.
1. Verify that you are qualified and can meet time commitments: every year we look for individuals with the specific skills and experience, which is outlined in a letter to the nomination committee provided by the governance committee of the board. This year, we’re looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the domain name industry in which CIRA operates, including an understanding of the DNS, Registry systems, and related internet governance or IP addressing.
- Deep financial acumen as a certified practitioner with advanced literacy in finance, audit, investment, and risk oversight.
- Knowledge of key components of cybersecurity related to risk and threat management.
- Ability to articulate views with evidence-based reasoning and bring a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Understand environmental and internal risks, opportunities and implications that may impact CIRA.
- Leadership skills with the ability to be open to others’ perspectives and build consensus.
2. Complete the online application and upload your resume: applications and resumes will be accepted through our online application system from August 2 to August 16, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. Complete a conflict declaration form: once all nominees have submitted their applications, they will be asked to complete a declaration form that states any conflicts they may have with current board members or other candidates.
4. Receive endorsements from other members: to appear on the final Member slate a member nominee must receive at least 20 shows of support from CIRA members. The show of support period runs from August 30 to September 13, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET.
Why you should apply:
You’ll contribute to the development of Canada’s internet by:
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for the .CA registry, CIRA products and services and community investment and policy initiatives.
- Representing the .CA registry in Canada and internationally.
- Helping enable a trusted internet for all.
Learn more about CIRA’s board election.