The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the DNS Encryption with DNS over HTTPs (DoH) on Firefox option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed...
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
For Canadian Firefox users, DNS over HTTPs is enabled by default using CIRA Canadian Shield - private. If you wish to use the protected or family versions then the following outlines how to make that change.
You can configure each option of the service (Private, Protected, and Family) to use DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS). If Firefox is the browser you are using, configure DoH through Connection Settings.
1. Click on the menu button and select Menu > Options.
2. In the General panel, scroll down to Network Settings and click the Settings button.
3. Select Custom and enter the following text in the field:
4. Click OK.
You are ready to go – CIRA Canadian Shield is set up using DoH over HTTPS on Firefox.