The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the Microsoft Xbox One option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed...
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
For the Xbox One, configure DNS settings in the Network Settings menu.
1. Open the Network screen by pressing the Xbox button.
2. Select Settings > Network > Network Settings.
3. Click Advanced Settings.
4. Click DNS Settings.
5. Choose Manual.
6. Set the Primary DNS to:
- For Private: 18.104.22.168
- For Protected: 22.214.171.124
- For Family: 126.96.36.199
7. Set the Secondary DNS to:
- For Private: 188.8.131.52
- For Protected: 184.108.40.206
- For Family: 220.127.116.11
8. If you are able to add more DNS servers, you can add the following IPv6 addresses:
- For Private: 2620:10A:80BB::10 and 2620:10A:80BC::10
- For Protected: 2620:10A:80BB::20 and 2620:10A:80BC::20
- For Family: 2620:10A:80BB::30 and 2620:10A:80BC::30
A confirmation screen will appear when you are finished.
9. Press the B button.