We've been working on something for a while and we wanted to share it with our friends a little early to help them through these challenging times.
CIRA Canadian Shield is our answer to the question: how do I protect the privacy and online security of my family?
This free service will be available to all Canadian households to provide malware, phishing and botnet protection, with DNS privacy, for their devices and home networks.
So why are we doing this?
- To protect Canadians from the massive increase in global cyber-threats particularly during a time when many are working and learning from home.
- To reduce our reliance on foreign corporations for critical (and personal) DNS infrastructure.
- To give Canadians options for an internet they can trust from a Canadian not-for-profit with no interest in monetizing their data.
Take me to the service page and set-up guides!
How it works
CIRA Canadian Shield works by blocking threats at the DNS level. It uses the same data science that is already deployed to over 1.8 million Canadians in organizations from coast-to-coast-to-coast in the CIRA DNS Firewall. Key benefits for Canadians include:
- Detects and blocks over 100,000 net new threats every day
- Delivered only from servers located in Canada
- Personal information is never used or resold
- Accessed via DNS settings on the router, operating system, or application - with support for DNS encryption.