Ottawa, ON - June 2, 2020 – The Canadian Internet Registration Authority's (CIRA) Nomination Committee is inviting Canadians with an interest in advancing the internet in Canada to join its Board of Directors.
Becoming a CIRA Board Director is a unique opportunity to work with Canada's internet leaders as they develop strategy and policy for .CA and the organization’s efforts to improve Canada’s internet. The skills, experience and expertise board members bring to the table will help guide CIRA as it fulfills its mandate to manage the .CA domain and build a trusted internet for Canadians.
Here are some of the qualities CIRA is seeking in 2020 candidates:
- A passion for Canada's internet.
- An entrepreneurial background, including experience managing multiple lines of business, or C-suite experience.
- An awareness of the risks, opportunities and implications both environmental and internal that may impact CIRA.
- An understanding of the law relevant to CIRA's business, such as contract, internet, IT, privacy, trademark, and patent issues.
- A good understanding and experience with the policies and methods to manage and retain top talent in an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that ideally include an indication of a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to listen and be open to others’ perspectives including an ability to ask pertinent questions to help foster mutual understanding.
- Previous board experience with solid understanding of board governance.
Interested individuals can submit their application to the Nomination Committee starting today. The application deadline is June 16, 2020 at 2 p.m. ET.
For more information about being a CIRA board member and the election process, visit cira.ca/election.
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A member-based organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada's internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.