Ottawa – June 5, 2019 – Today, CIRA is proud to take another step in protecting Canadian small and medium-sized business from cyber threats with the announcement of the first API integration as part of its D-Zone Partner Program. Field Effect Software will be integrating D-Zone DNS Firewall into its Covalence threat detection, incident monitoring, and analysis solution to provide an extra layer of defense for its customers.
As a Canadian leader in cybersecurity, Field Effect was a natural first partner for CIRA’s new API integration which will allow its customers to integrate phishing and malware protection from D-Zone DNS Firewall directly into the Covalence platform to provide real-time analysis of their network.
Field Effect partnership
- This partnership with Field Effect marks the first deployment of CIRA’s new API, enabling seamless integration of the malware and phishing protection of D-Zone DNS Firewall into partners’ products and services.
- All existing and future Field Effect Covalence customers will be able to integrate D-Zone DNS Firewall directly into their network to enhance their defence-in-depth strategy.
- Field Effect Covalence is an endpoint and network monitoring and analysis solution that identifies malicious and anomalous activity while providing a powerful real-time view of the network.
D-Zone Partner Program
- CIRA’s D-Zone DNS Firewall API will allow any Canadian partner—large or small—to integrate phishing and malware protection directly into their application or customer dashboard.
- CIRA’s Partner Program provides Canadian businesses with a made in Canada approach to cybersecurity that understands the unique legal, regulatory, and business conditions of their customers.
- The DNS plays a key role in a comprehensive defense-in-depth cybersecurity strategy as 91 percent of all malware uses the DNS for command and control. DNS protection neutralizes malware.
- D-Zone DNS Firewall is powered by CIRA’s extensive Canadian DNS footprint and enhanced by Akamai’s global DNS threat feed which blocks 1 million new domains every month for customers in Canada.
“Businesses need a better way to more easily monitor their DNS and understand the activity and behavior happening on their networks. Through our partnership with CIRA, we are able to simplify and automate this for any type of business, making this something in every company’s reach.”
Andrew Loschmann,president and chief technology officer, Field Effect Software.
“CIRA is proud to launch our new API with a partner as trusted and innovative as Field Effect. Our new API will provide hardware, software and services partners with the ability to seamlessly add the global threat feed of D-Zone DNS Firewall to add value and enhanced protection for their customers.”
Mark Gaudet,business leader, cybersecurity products, CIRA.
- Learn more about D-Zone DNS Firewall
- Learn more about Field Effect Covalence
- Read CIRA’s 2018 Cybersecurity Survey
- Find out about CIRA’s Partner Program
- Read the Field Effect blog on DNS security
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services—such as D-Zone DNS Firewall—that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.
About Field Effect Software
Field Effect Software provides advanced, integrated cybersecurity threat detection, incident monitoring, and compliance in one platform for SMBs and IT service providers. The company’s products and solutions remove the complexity of securing endpoints and networks, delivering sophisticated monitoring and threat protection services that are easy to use and manage with actionable insights. Bringing decades of experience securing complex, ever-changing security environments, Field Effect helps businesses create stronger networks, improve proactive response, and increase efficiency through an end-to-end approach that builds more secure operations. For more information, visit www.fieldeffect.com.