Canadian municipalities have unique cybersecurity concerns and needs
Municipalities typically support a diverse group of geographically dispersed users over corporate and public networks. They are also digitizing and integrating more services and IoT projects. This combination makes them a high-profile target for cyber-crime. With CIRA, municipalities get cybersecurity that is delivered from Canadian servers, peered to networks that are close to Canadian users, and maintain data privacy and sovereignty.
CIRA shares the vision of serving Canadians by helping to build a better online Canada.
How CIRA can help municipal IT managers
Municipal IT managers benefit from a defence-in-depth strategy that delivers appropriate and cost-effective cybersecurity to their different user types. CIRA helps municipalities across Canada with two services related to cybersecurity:CIRA DNS Firewall to help keep malware off your network and CIRA Anycast DNS to protect the public DNS from DDoS attacks and help keep websites, applications and email online.
CIRA DNS Firewall
- Add cost-effective cloud security in minutes
- Create and segment different networks with different policies
- Unique and powerful data science adds to defence-in-depth
CIRA Anycast DNS
- Protect websites, email, and applications from DNS DDoS attacks
- Improve performance with strong Canadian footprint and global clouds
- 100% up-time SLA and 24x7 support
- End-user training and phishing simulations
- Easy off-the-shelf deployment
- Personal dashboards and powerful reporting
We wanted to make sure the City’s information is better protected and that Hamiltonians can access online services with reliability and speed. CIRA is an excellent choice for the City of Hamilton.