Helping hospitals and other health care providers to protect against malware
Hospitals present a challenging environment for security and IT professionals because they are insecure environments that combine public and private networks, staff with widely divergent needs and a growth in collaboration between institutions. Additionally, the useful life of a lot of medical equipment means that keeping connected devices updated may not always be practical. In this environment, a layered security stance is needed.
Cybersecurity professionals in these environments need to deploy a defence-in-depth strategy and benefit from cloud security that uses the DNS to protect users beyond the hospital networks.
CIRA DNS Firewall
- Add cost-effective cloud security in minutes
- Create and segment different networks with different policies
- Unique and powerful data science adds to defence-in-depth
CIRA Anycast DNS
- Protect websites, email, and applications from DNS DDoS attacks
- Improve performance with strong Canadian footprint and global clouds
- 100% up-time SLA and 24x7 support
- End-user training and phishing simulations
- Easy off-the-shelf deployment
- Personal dashboards and powerful reporting
The end goal was more security because we are hosting a lot of services and patient information. Implementation is simple and support has been fast and high-quality.
Jean-Claude from the Ottawa Hospital talks about CIRA + a full service overview
Defence in depth - how layers of security work together with a DNS firewall.
Winchester District Memorial Hospital chooses CIRA for itself and the rural networks they support.