In our new realm of virtual work, we are competing for talent on a different scale. Now that you can work from anywhere, people are able to work at giant tech companies without leaving their small-town homes. Be intentional in your recruitment process. At CIRA we relate all roles back to our bigger purpose and where they fit into the broader plan. Minor details matter when attracting top talent. Here’s what you can expect when you apply for a job with CIRA:
- We embody a positive and transparent candidate experience. We over-communicate to all applicants.
- To better envision our community, candidates meet people from various teams.
- We explain what the company stands for and where future employees will fit into the mix.
- We highlight our important perks like home internet, transportation, health/wellness and work from home allowances, no cap sick days and the vast opportunities through our learning and development program.
- We focus on our employee value proposition, discussing culture adds and our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Focus (long term) on culture add
A long-term focus on organizational culture will always outperform competition. Operating in a remote setting, internal communication can never be over-done to maintain connections. Lean into your recognition program, increase means of providing kudos across the company – through chat channels, tools, and all staff meetings. We focus on creating remote connections through company-wide team building activities, scheduled coffee chats, and training sessions.
We showcased our diversity and authenticity in our employees through a corporate video about working at CIRA last year. We didn’t hire actors as our employees are our best brand and reputation ambassadors.
Our genuine and driven experts present at cybersecurity, tech and communications conferences locally, nationally and internationally. CIRA’s reputation as a leader in the internet community is a reflection of our products, purpose and people.
Everything you promise must be true, an employer brand is only successful if you are intentional. You’ll attract and retain better talent, reduce recruiting timelines, and create a synergy like no other.
Believe me when I say, you don’t have to work for a giant tech company ending in –oogle to experience new and exciting initiatives. Being a part of a smaller company provides the opportunity to launch products faster, be closer to customers, create solutions, and make a larger impact.
Come work at CIRA, we’ve got everything you need. Word on the street (and virtual chats) is that CIRA is a high performance, purpose-driven employer.
Visit www.cira.ca/careers to see our career opportunities.