BARCELONA – October 22, 2018 – Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is celebrating the momentum of D-Zone Anycast DNS among its global country code top-level domain (ccTLD) partners at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meeting in Barcelona.
With two new ccTLD partners—Singapore (.sg) and Chile (.cl)—and two new global nodes—in Brazil and Japan—CIRA continues to see tremendous support and growth for its DNS services.
- Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC) manages the .sg top-level domain for Singapore, which counts more than 180,000 domains under management.
- NIC Chile manages the .cl top-level domain on behalf of Chile. Currently, more than 570,000 domain names are under management with NIC Chile.
- CIRA now has 25 nodes across the globe providing a robust network that powers D-Zone Anycast DNS for our ccTLD customers.
- CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS now answers approximately 180 million DNS queries per day for its TLD customers to help provide greater resiliency to their networks.
- CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS is built for resilience with a strong footprint at each node across a global, well-peered network that is recognized as best-in-class by some of the most discriminating buyers in the industry.
- CIRA D-Zone Anycast DNS is now used by ccTLDs across the globe including .cl, .cr, .dk, .nl, .nu, .nz, .pt, .se, .sg and of course .CA. D-Zone Anycast DNS answers queries for nine percent of all global ccTLDs domain names.
We were looking for DNS partner with a global reputation and solid infrastructure. We found that partner in CIRA and look forward to a productive relationship.
Queh Ser Pheng, General Manager, SGNIC
CIRA's global reputation in the ccTLD community provided us with the confidence that we could trust them with our DNS. Our customers demand the highest standards of uptime and security and D-Zone Anycast DNS helps us deliver that.
Eduardo Mercader Orta, Director of Operations, NIC Chile
CIRA is proud to partner with ccTLDs to provide a stable, secure, high performance DNS. Starting with DNS, our relationships have expanded to be true partnerships that include collaboration and information sharing with our ccTLD peers around the globe.
Mark Gaudet, DNS Program Manager, CIRA
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services—such as D-Zone DNS Firewall—that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world's most advanced back-end registry solutions.