The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the browser extension option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed...
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
- Open the Chrome Web Store
- Find and select CIRA Canadian Shield
- Click Add to Chrome. Please note that if a user has multiple browsers they need to follow the process for each compatible browser.
- Some extensions will let you know if they need permissions or data. To approve, click Add extension. Please note that users may also get a warning from Opera and other non-Google Chrome browsers that the plug-in is from an unverified store.
- To use the extension, click the icon to the right of the address bar.
- Search for CIRA Canadian Shield on the Firefox Browser Add-ons page
- Click + Add to Firefox