When joining through the nomination committee slate you’re applying to be reviewed and selected by a committee whose role is to ensure balanced representation on the election ballot.
When to apply
June 6, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET – Application period begins
June 20, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET – Application period ends
See the full election schedule.
How to apply
Joining the board through the nomination committee slate involves a few steps.
1. Verify that you are qualified and can meet time commitments: the nomination committee is looking for individuals with specific skills and experience when reviewing applications. This is outlined in a letter to the nomination committee provided by the board. This year, the committee is looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the domain name industry in which CIRA operates, including an understanding of the DNS, Registry systems, and related internet governance or IP addressing.
- Deep financial acumen as a certified practitioner with advanced literacy in finance, audit, investment, and risk oversight.
- Knowledge of key components of cybersecurity related to risk and threat management.
- Ability to articulate views with evidence-based reasoning and bring a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Understand environmental and internal risks, opportunities and implications that may impact CIRA.
- Leadership skills with the ability to be open to others’ perspectives and build consensus.
2. Complete the online application and upload your resume: applications and resumes will be accepted through our online application system from June 6 to June 20, 2023 at 2 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted.
3. Interview and conflict declaration: if you are pre-selected by the committee, you may be contacted by a third-party organization with follow-up questions to help the committee make their decision; these applicants may be contacted starting July 6. You will also be asked to complete a declaration form that states any conflicts you may have with current board members or other candidates.
Why you should apply:
You’ll contribute to the development of Canada’s internet by:
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for the .CA registry, CIRA products and services and community investment and policy initiatives.
- Representing the .CA registry in Canada and internationally.
- Helping enable a trusted internet for all.