The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the Android (non-app) option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed…
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
For MacOS, configure DNS settings in the Network window.
1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
2. Click Network.
3. Select the network for which you would like to configure the Canadian Shield DNS servers.
4. Click Advanced.
5. Click the DNS tab.
6. Click the “+” button to add or replace the IP addresses. Do the following: