The following is a set-up guide for CIRA Canadian Shield for the Microsoft Windows Operating System option. See all the set-up guides for Canadian Shield.
Before you proceed…
- If you set-up CIRA Canadian Shield on your router/gateway then the whole network is protected and you will not need to set-up individual devices.
- Before changing your DNS settings write down your existing IP addresses in case you need to go back. Go to the bottom of this page to see if you have configured it correctly.
Once you are done, you can go here to test your configuration.
A summary of DNS resolver addresses can be found here.
For Windows operating systems, configure DNS settings in the TCP/IP Properties window for the appropriate network connection.
1. From the Start menu, click on the Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet >Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
3. Click Change adapter settings.
4. Right click on the network for which you would like to configure Canadian Shield.
5. Select Properties.
6. Do one of the following:
a. Select Internet Protocol Version 4.
b. Select Internet Protocol Version 6.
7. Click Properties.
8. Click Use the following DNS server address.
Note: If you have not already noted down the existing DNS server IP addresses, make note of them.
9. Replace the existing DNS addresses with one of the following (depending on the level of service you want to use):