MONTREAL – October 31, 2019 – Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is pleased to announce a number of new partnerships in the international ccTLD community in advance of ICANN 66.
As a proud member of the ccTLD community, CIRA works frequently with other international registries to help provide solutions to protect their customers; defend their infrastructure, and grow their businesses.
Recent partnerships with Traficom (Finland), InternetNZ (New Zealand) and NASK (Poland) demonstrate the worldwide reach of CIRA’s global registry and cybersecurity solutions.
- CIRA is partnering with Traficom to provide its D-Zone Anycast DNS as a white label secondary DNS service to registrars to strengthen the resiliency of .fi domains.
- The service, called Traficom Anycast, leverages D-Zone Anycast DNS to help protect customers from DDoS attacks and increase the resilience of their networks.
- InternetNZ has chosen CIRA as its partner to roll out D-Zone DNS Firewall to its customers in New Zealand.
- Defenz DNS Firewall by InternetNZ will be offered to businesses through internet service providers (ISPs) and managed IT service providers.
- Leveraging the technology of D-Zone DNS Firewall, Defenz DNS Firewall will provide protection against malware and phishing attacks by blocking access to malicious websites
- NASK has chosen D-Zone Anycast DNS as its secondary DNS provider to strengthen its global DNS footprint.
These three partners for CIRA’s cybersecurity products reinforce the importance of a strong ccTLD community where innovation and ideas can help protect the entire global internet ecosystem.
CIRA is also pleased to offer a number of registry services to ccTLDs including the CIRA Registry Platform that currently runs .CA, .sx and others.
We are excited to partner with our fellow members of the ccTLD community. ccTLD registries offer similar services in distinct regional markets. This creates a unique opportunity to collaborate through the exchange of technologies, platforms and best practices to ensure our users and customers have the best—and safest—internet experience possible.
– Mark Gaudet, business leader, cybersecurity products, CIRA
Our exploration of new products and services has enabled us to further develop our long-standing relationship with CIRA. Partnering on Defenz DNS Firewall was a no brainer and we're excited to offer this product in New Zealand to strengthen security and trust in the Internet.
– David Morrison, commercial director, InternetNZ
Through our partnership with CIRA, we will be able to strengthen the internet infrastructure in Finland by offering anycast DNS to our .fi registrars.
– Juhani Juselius, chief specialist, Traficom
We chose CIRA due to its global reputation, robust infrastructure, and commitment to strengthening the ccTLD community. We are confident that D-Zone Anycast DNS is the right choice to strengthen our DNS footprint.
– Waldemar Lisek, business development manager, NASK
- Learn more about D-Zone DNS Firewall
- Learn more about D-Zone Anycast DNS
- Learn more about CIRA Registry Services
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services—such as D-Zone DNS Firewall—that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world’s most advanced back-end registry solutions.