The .CA Domain Squad have traded their badges for bug spray as they head to the wilderness
Ottawa – September 10, 2020 – The .CA Domain Squad is back, and they are determined to help Canadian businesses succeed online. The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is proud to announce the broadcast debut of its new advertising campaign on Monday, September 14.
The campaign features our heroes at .CA Headquarters—deep in the wilderness—working hard to ensure Canadian businesses make the right call by choosing a .CA domain name.
The theme of this year’s campaign is Make your website true north strong and builds off the success of last year’s tongue-in-cheek Don’t be a traitor campaign.
Last year’s .CA Domain Squad campaign was a tremendous success resulting in a 22 per cent increase in new domain registration share in Canada, and a 20 per cent increase in unaided brand awareness.
- The campaign includes four 15-second spots featuring each of the Domain Squad characters at the .CA Headquarters at an undisclosed location somewhere in the Canadian wilderness (with special appearances by a variety of forest creatures).
- The commercials will air over broadcast television in the Greater Toronto Area and the Greater Vancouver Area from September 14 until November 8. They will also be featured across Canada on streaming services, digital TV and social media.
- The commercials focus on the value of a .CA domain name for Canadian businesses. Studies show that Canadians prefer to shop from Canadian businesses online, and a .CA domain name is the number one way to declare your business proudly Canadian.
- The campaign was produced in partnership with the award-winning Giants & Gentlemen Advertising Inc. and Push Media Inc.
- As Canada’s economy pivoted to digital during the COVID-19 pandemic, CIRA saw record growth in .CA domain name registrations as Canadians started new businesses or shifted to online business models.
- The four commercials are: